Can linux handle many files on directories?

    Hi guys!,

    I'm newbie in Linux and I have a problem : I need hadle about 50.000
files in one directory, how Linux handle this? how is the performance?, the
project is :
    I have 2000 reports montly, about 270.000 pages reports montly, so I
think save the report in a
YYYYMMDD/<name-of-report>/<name-of-report.num-page> tree directory

    In the worse case I have one report with 45.000 pages, so I have one
directory with 45.000 files.... :-s ....

    I think use MySql to the save the report information and path, and PHP
or servlet to get report...

    Any suggestions?

Patricio Vera S.

¡Internet GRATIS es Yahoo! Conexión!