Re: Dependancies of Debian Archive (FYI)

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 03:53, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Currently, minor release does not allow any upstream version bumping but
> just security bug fixes.  I wonder that is the right approach or not for
> these *less* important packages.
However new versions can change the behavior of the individual package
which can be unaccaptable to anyone who needs a stable system.  If some
package changes the format of its output and I have script that parses
its output, I don't want my script to break on a point release.

-m