Re: mail to 123456-quiet@bugs.debian.org

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 12:53:05AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:23:45PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
>> On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 14:21, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>>> This problem would not exist if mail to the xxx@bugs address
>>> reached the submitter as well.

>> A lot of bug submitters would probably like being automatically
>> CC'd on updates to the bug; that's how Bugzilla does it.

>> But then  again some might  not; we would  have to supply a  way to
>> turn it off.

> It is filed; the main reason it hasn't been done is as you say, that
> we'd have to supply a mechanism to turn it off, which implies
> per-submitter configurability, which rather suggests people having
> accounts

Alternatively, one could do this with the PTS. It would probably make
it a per-bug opt-in feature, but I guess adding per-bug subscriptions
to the PTS will be less work than adding this kind of configurability
to the BTS.

It reeks of mixing two different things, though: The PTS wouldn't be a
*package* tracking system any more.

--
Lionel