Re: How should this issue be handled, should it be taken to the Technical Ctte?

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:52:59AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Herbert Xu wrote on Sun Feb 16, 2003 um 02:00:57PM:
>
> > This is a bit like filing a bug against the kernel saying that it should
> > be merged with OpenBSD.
>
> Bullshit. Their mkinitrd is also a shell script and IMHO much better readable
> then yours.

Go ahead and package it then.

> > If there are particular issues with the package, please file bug reports
> > about them (e.g. LVM but that's in the BTS already).  Otherwise you should
> > shut up and do something useful.
>
> And what are your plans with this requests? Where are your requests for help?

As I have stated may times before, I've already got to code to do LVM.
The only thing preventing its entry is an upgrade path to 2.5.  Now that
LVM2 is in 2.5, LVM support will enter mkinitrd soon.

> Where are your own ideas for the particular implementations? You just make
> people believe that their wishes are known, registred in the BTS, and you make
> them wait, and wait, and wait, and they can only use alternativ solutions
> (recompiled kernel with initrd made by lvmcreate_initrd).

Please get your facts straight, I've even posted the script on debian-user
which allows you to run lvm with mkinitrd.

> Hell, do you think that if YOU are the kernel maintainer, you know better than
> everyone else what the users need, and everything outside of your scope is
> bullshit, toys, not important for productive use?
>
> ANSWER PLEASE. NOW. With an answer we can expect of a maintainer of your level,
> DO NOT THROW WITH SOME FUD.
>
> And if you really think so, you should orphan the packages and let some
> reasonable person do the job.

May I suggeat that you investigate the possibility of improving your manners?