Re: How should this issue be handled, should it be taken to the Technical Ctte?

Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a <jfs@computer.org> wrote:

> I do not feel bug #181126 is being handled properly by the maintainer at
> all. To make a short story even shorter: I have filed a bug on initrd-tools
> since I believe there is room for improvements based on a slight review of
> RedHat's mkinitrd package, so I ask the maintainer to check it out and see
> if it's worth using instead of initrd-tools' mkinitrd.

This is a bit like filing a bug against the kernel saying that it should
be merged with OpenBSD.

If there are particular issues with the package, please file bug reports
about them (e.g. LVM but that's in the BTS already).  Otherwise you should
shut up and do something useful.

Take it to the Technical Committee if you have nothing better to do.