Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 09:20:18AM +0100, Rico -mc- Gloeckner wrote:
> I wonder what flaming has to do with some kind of discussion. You do not
> care for any other argument or voice.

Manoj is discussing the issue civilly.  I see no flaming (other than you
calling Manoj "possibly destructive one").

> What measures do you suggest to prevent other upstreams to "sneak code
> behind the maintainer", possibly destructive one?

He seems to be actively encouraging deterrence: "if you do things that
show that you're untrustworthy, you lose the privilege of having your
software distributed by Debian".  (This isn't mutually exclusive with
the other measures being discussed, such as code auditing, but it
does take a lot less developer time.)

--
Glenn Maynard