Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:44:02PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> Miros/law Baran wrote:
>
> Jeez, why are you all so lame?

This doesn't seem to be an argument of any kind.

> > It was a personal offence against Debian. It was a deliberate sabotage
> > act, based only on personal prejudices, aimed towards the Debian mICQ
> > users.
> <blah-blah> Nice text. Do you actually read what you write sometimes?
> No? Nice to hear that.

Nor does this ... people would probably take you more seriously if
your emails were filled with more content and less vitriol.

> > It also shows, that Mr. Kühlmann cannot behave in a professional way.
> It may surprise you, but you are plain wrong here, and it changes the
> whole situation. Why can't you see this stuff in another viewpoint??
>
> It shows that Madkiss cannot behave in ANY sane way.
>
> Rudiger: Please use EXTRAVERSION, it doesn't harm you, but helps me in
>          tracking bugs.
> Madkiss: No, I can't sleep well then.
> Rudiger: Please.
> Madkiss: No.
> Rudiger: Please.
> Madkiss: No.
>
> Just stop right here and use your brain. What the hell can the upstream
> do to change this situation? What? Come on, tell me. Tell me!

After viewing the "evidence". it seems to me that both madkiss and Kühlmann
are morons.  Why does one party have to be in the right?  In this
case, it seems hard to defend either party (at least either party in
the initial "argument"; I think other developers have every right to
question the propriety of someone in the NM queue slipping code past
another (perhaps hard headed) NM).

Caveat: IANADD, just a long time user.

  They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
  temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          -- Benjamin Franklin