Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:44:02PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:

> > It also shows, that Mr. Kühlmann cannot behave in a professional way.
> It may surprise you, but you are plain wrong here, and it changes the
> whole situation. Why can't you see this stuff in another viewpoint??

> It shows that Madkiss cannot behave in ANY sane way.

> Rudiger: Please use EXTRAVERSION, it doesn't harm you, but helps me in
>          tracking bugs.
> Madkiss: No, I can't sleep well then.
> Rudiger: Please.
> Madkiss: No.
> Rudiger: Please.
> Madkiss: No.

> Just stop right here and use your brain. What the hell can the upstream
> do to change this situation? What? Come on, tell me. Tell me!

> So far I know two debian package maintainers, and neither of them give
> a damn fsck about upstream's wishes.

Let everyone note that the mplayer upstream (or their duly appointed
representative to Debian?) is speaking in defense of Rüdiger's decision
to slip code into Debian past the package maintainer.  Let the packagers
beware.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer