Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 05:40:12PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:

> May be, but it seem that some of our user want it, so why forbid them
> to have it.

> It's the main problem for me here, why do people believed that the
> removal of this package will b e a problem for him ? It will only be a
> problem for some of our user.

Why do you persist in mistakenly believing that this has ANYTHING to do
with trying to cause problems for him?  I don't give a damn about him.  I
care about:

   - Debian's reputation
   - The security of my machines
   - Our users

I believe the best way to protect all of the above is by removing micq
from the archive.  The short-term inconvenience to users of the package
cannot be compared with the long-term benefits of not using software
developed by a sociopath.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer