Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:10, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Bad analogy.  A more appropriate analogy is "he stole a candy so we won't
> > allow him in a sweet shop".
>
> If so, the usual punishment for stealing a candy is to be lectured about
> it, told the right way to behave, and to pay the dollar or so it would've
> cost, not to be forbidden from ever entering a sweet shop again.

In the UK there is a common policy of banning delinquent children from the
center of town (the shopping area).  Not only do the get banned from the
sweet shop (or the record store which is a more likely target) but from all
the other major shops.

Also such leniancy only applies to children.  Adults who steal from stores get
treated very differently.