Re: OpenSSL 0.9.6/0.9.7, LDAP, SSH, friends

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 06:25:06PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> +SASL2_1.7 {
> +    global:
> +           sasl_*;
> +    local:
> +           _*;
> +};
>
> This won't work with libs that scatter symbols everywhere in the namespace,
> but...

Where would I find documentation on the above file, and how to use it?

I would assume "global" is for symbols that need exporting, but "local"
is for symbols that should not get exported, and "SASL2_1.7" is the
namespace to add to all symbols?

If I got this correct, how often should the namespace be updated? Once
for every new upstream release?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>