Re: Open Source Games and Cheating - a paradoxum?

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:17:20AM +0000, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> >  and, as far as i can see, there is no crypto or
> > any other solution that will help you there, it's simply a black-box
> > problem:
> [snip]
>
> This is what I thought when I read the introduction to Public Key or No
> Key Cryptography. Actually security is impossible, only that no computer
> is currently fast enough to break it. This is thought as a analogy: It
> might seem impossible, but maybe a genious in here finds a viable
> solution.

that is not what i meant. you can build secure/ authenticated/
tamper-proof communication between two systems with crypto, even if it
is mathmatically not 100% secure, but only if you can trust both ends of
the communication. if the attacker is the one your talking to you are
lost. and this has nothing to do with crypto or computers or technical
solutions, but is a general thing.

cu  robert

ps: if you find a solution though, please tell me. there are other
fields where you could make billions with it ;)