Re: C++ transition stumbling blocks?

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

[aspell stuff snipped]

Another thing that holds a few packages back (among them zinf, which I
really would like to upload a new version) is id3lib, which also FTBFS
with g++ 3.2. This seems fixed with 3.8.2, upstream, however. I'll
probably NMU, if I get no response from the maintainer (CC'ed).

One thing that strikes me wrt this package is that there are two
source packages id3lib (upstream version 3.7.x) and id3lib3.8.0. This
source packge is named after the *full* (major.minor.micro) version
number, which is also done with the resulting binary packages. This is
not reasonable, IMO.

I suggest the following resolution: have id3lib3.8.0 removed from the
archive, id3lib upgraded to 3.8.2 and all packages that don't build
against it fixed. They'd have to be fixed anyway, since I assume
id3lib 3.7.x doesn't build with g++ 3.2, too. I also suggest the
id3lib maintainer read the libpkg-guide[0].

[0] http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at