Bloat: XML, GUI design (was: Re: [OT] Gnome configuration (was: Re: Congrats! [gnome font rendering]))

#include <hallo.h>
* Colin Walters [Fri, Jan 17 2003, 12:45:14PM]:

> > Indeed.
>
> In case it wasn't clear, I meant I thought the result (no antialiasing)
> looked butt-ugly, not the XML.

XML for this purpose is ugly as well. You can use XML for seldomly used
applications, but not for such important things. Hell, compare "set
antialias=1" with the monster we are talking about - 8..9 times of the
code size. It is already to much for a single boolean value. Where
should all this end? In a 10Ghz machine with DDR5000 RAM, using 90% of
the CPU time to parse the useless metadata?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
checking for the validity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok
checking if e=mc^2... ok