Re: Bloat: XML, GUI design (was: Re: [OT] Gnome configuration (was: Re: Congrats! [gnome font rendering]))

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:51:40AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Colin Walters [Fri, Jan 17 2003, 12:45:14PM]:
>
> > > Indeed.
> >
> > In case it wasn't clear, I meant I thought the result (no antialiasing)
> > looked butt-ugly, not the XML.
>
> XML for this purpose is ugly as well. You can use XML for seldomly used
> applications, but not for such important things.

IIRC, Colin said that GNOME-2.3 would have a nice little checkbox fot
this feature.

Sure, using some awkward-XML magic to get this done seems ugly, but as
long as this is a temporary work-around in unstable, we can live with it
I guess.

Michael, my 2¢

--
<Christian> bignachos: the famous pornview maintainer?
<HoserHead> Christian: *don't* ask why he's typing so slowly