Re: (inc. note from dpkg developers) Re: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking

#include <hallo.h>
* Daniel Jacobowitz [Mon, Jan 13 2003, 08:33:41PM]:

> > Automatic file modifications, for any means, is a rather serious flaw, imho.
>
> I disagree with your categorical blanket here.  You might want to think
> about the options a little more, and come back if you have any actual
> arguments against it.  Meanwhile, once the other issues are resolved, I
> may just implement the prelink integration as a base for further
> discussion.

When you do, please keep this feature extensible. I still wish to
have a way to compress a specified set of binaries with UPX, so all
files are compressed right after dpkg run.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Defaults sind dazu da von DAUs ignoriert zu werden und damit die
Support-Stellen (aka #debian.de) zu verwirren.