Re: (inc. note from dpkg developers) Re: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 08:33:41PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> At which point you have duplicates of all your libraries.  In addition to
> wasting 167MB on my system, you've created a whole slew of unreproducible
> bug reports when libraries get out of sync.

Doesn't prelinking create a similar situation by modifying binaries so that
they no longer match what is distributed?

(note: I want no part of the rest of this thread or the emotional reactions
therein)

--
 - mdz