Re: [desktop] debian backgrounds package

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Erik Steffl wrote:

>    resolution: images should be in maximum reasonable resolution
> (1920x1440?),
Perhaps this is even better than my suggestion of 1600x1200.

> resized during installation (or provide a script that
> resizes them all).
Once I tried to provide such kind of thing at

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-background/

(see the rescale script there which might be a starting point.)

>    not sure what to do about 1280x1024, either resize it and ignore the
> change of ratio or crop the picture and resize it or add something to
> the picture and resize it. I guess for abstract stuff (like most of the
> logos you link to) the slight change of ratio does not matter but for
> e.g. photos it might be a problem. In a package you can decide on a case
> by case basis (or even let user decide).
Uhm - I never realized this exception from ratio for this resolution.
This is really silly ... (If you ask me adding a black strip on top and
bottom might be a reasonable solution here - but the configuration
option seems good.)

Kind regards

          Andreas.