Re: more non-PIC static libs in shared libs

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:31:39PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Yes.  If you hide the symbols, using __attribute__((hidden)) and/or
> version maps, the linker will resolve the relocations.  This is perfect
> if you don't want the symbols visible externally at all.  There's some
> more complex things you can do if you want them to be externally
> visible and still resolved internally.

Do you have pointers on where to look up those more complex things?
Most of the symbols in libdv's assembly are merely referenced from other
object files, only a couple are exported to apps.  I've tried listing
them in --exclude-symbols, but apparently this only sets the type from
FUNC to NOTYPE; TEXTREL is still set.

Regards,

Daniel.