Re: more non-PIC static libs in shared libs

Marco,
   Doesn't debian have lintian or such to sanity check packages after
they are built? Shouldn't we take every package after it is built
and scan the *.so* files in it for TEXTREL? That would seem like a
neat way to catch these before they even got installed on a build
machine.
                               Jack
ps The libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0.200.0 was from the libgtk2.0-0_2.2.0-1_powerpc.deb
package from incoming yesterday. That has it because of  libXinerama.a
which was built without -fPIC and Michel Daenzer has reported that one...

I am more concerned about the libgcj3 and libc packages.