Re: more non-PIC static libs in shared libs

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 04:25:43PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 10, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> wrote:
>
>  >Actually, barring binutils bugs I thougt this was sufficient; I'd like
>  >to see an example of where it isn't (other than the current PPC linker
>  >bug).
> When manually written (.S or inline) assembly code is linked.
> See #175074 and 175077.

Depends on what you mean by sufficient.  It's sufficient if you want to
assure the lib works.  It's not sufficient if you want to make sure that
the lib can be prelinked.  We need to decide whether we want to be able
to prelink any lib, even those containing hand-crafted assembly code,
even if it induces a preformance hit.

Regards,

Daniel.