Re: gcc 3.2 epoch?

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:
> > How on earth would that change anything, given that the upstream
> > version is already trivially derivable?
>
> So, what is so ugly about it.

Gah, haven't you read everything else I've said?!?

The point is that the extension you've proposed above doesn't change
anything -- the `real' version used within many contexts would still be
the full-with-epoch version.  The fact that there's an additional
`upstream version' field wouldn't change that anymore than the current
ability to strip off the epoch does, so there's little poitn to having
such a field.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.