Re: gcc 3.2 transition in unstable

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 07:03:26PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>>           cu andreas, wondering why people only start commenting on
>>           the transition plan the day it is executed and not the
>>           (many) months it was for public review. (I am no DD.)

> where was the transition plan announced. i dont remember hearing about
> it (though i probably missed it)?

> i just looked through the debian-devel-announce archives starting in Jul
> 2002 and didnt anything there, either.

Hello,
It was not announced on debian-devel-announce, but there were (iirc at
least 5 bigger) discussion threads [1] on debian-devel, the first one
quite long ago in August:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200208/msg01004.html
feasturing the first proposal of the transition-plan. This one did not
differ much from the final one, /s/c/c102/, no mention of qt2 and most
of the fine reasoning in the final one was missing.
                cu andreas
[1] Subject usually "Status of gcc 3.2 transition".
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_