Re: Suggested press release in reaction to RHAT dropping sparc and alpha

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:22, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 08:11:24PM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> >You, my friend, hold contracts in higher esteem than they deserve.
>
> No, I don't. I do hold that there's a difference between a contract and
> a press release drafted by some people on a mailing list. That
> difference does matter sometimes.

In this case RH offers nothing (no contract) while we still offer support.

Sure we don't offer contracts, but contracts aren't worth that much anyway, we
see the worth of contracts every day in commercial work.  Compare what you
get for paid support from companies like Sun and Netscape vs what you get
from Debian.

Pay $1M per year to Sun and you won't get 10% the software support you get for
free from Debian.  If the support you get from Debian isn't enough you can
always pay the developer for more (done that before).