Re: Suggested press release in reaction to RHAT dropping sparc and alpha

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 02:22:51PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 08:11:24PM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> >You, my friend, hold contracts in higher esteem than they deserve.
>
> No, I don't. I do hold that there's a difference between a contract and
> a press release drafted by some people on a mailing list. That
> difference does matter sometimes.

In both cases there is a promise, the credibility of which depending on
the people making them.

The *only* difference is that you may get a certain amount of money
(often just the money you paid) back if your supplier doesn't uphold its
contract with you.

But at the end of the day, you're still left out in the cold, with a
surprisingly small amount of money that is in no way sufficient to solve
your actual problem, which is simply that you don't have support anymore.

So you may hold that there is a difference, but in the real world, that
difference may be a lot smaller than you think.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info