Re: [Final comments]Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:18:03AM -0600, Hunter Peress wrote:
> I approached this list with the _IDEA_ of doing an i686 distro

So, did you start already? /me thinks it's quite a nice business model
to have.

> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/210/1999/9/0/2678785/ argues that
> not everyone has a 686 chip now. Well  its three years since then, and
> even MORE OF US DO. OK?!?!?!!?!??????????

"'Multiple Exlamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure
sign of a diseased mind'"

> So SOMEONE PLEASE step out there and start working on an i686 distro. It
> will take a minimal time to port. And it will progress THE WORLD!!!

I thought you stepped out already.

I actually prefer having i686/whatever optimisation built into crucial
packages, but still nobody seems to care about Camm's proposal.

Michael

--
"Meines Wissens liegt die Kultur irgendwo auf einem Pariser Friedhof,
direkt neben Jim Morrison."