Re: [desktop] Setting default wallpaper

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 07:56:32PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 07:41, Matthew McGuire wrote:
>
> > This didn't happen on my existing GNOME 2 testing account when I
> > installed desktop-base. I guess you have to create the account after the
> > desktop-base package is installed.
>
> Like I said, we're waiting on GNOME 2.2 to implement desktop-base
> support for Debian GNOME.  But other environments should hopefully be
> able to use the /usr/share/images/desktop-base/default link now...

Sorry, I misunderstood your prior email.

I retouched the Debian_Blue theme I built for WindowMaker, and with a
little work it could be used as the default theme. The original colors
were overly bright. Additionally I tossed together the beginnings of a
default theme for KDE using the blue debian swirl image. The theme was
built using the KDE currently available in unstable. I have no idea if
it will work with KDE 3. I also don't use KDE regularly so it isn't very
complete. Here are the links though.

Blue_Debian_2 for WindowMaker
Theme: http://www.shadowglade.net/themes/debian_blue_2.tar.gz
Screen: http://www.shadowglade.net/themes/debian_blue_2.screenshot.png

BlueDebian for KDE
Theme: http://www.shadowglade.net/themes/BlueDebian.ktheme
Screen: Nopey, it's built into the theme. :-)

On another note, the desktop-base package does not have any conffiles
defined. IIRC this means that any other package install scripts may
modify files in the desktop-base packages as needed. In which case
setting a default wallpaper to /usr/share/images/desktop-base/default
will allow other packages to change the symlink and change the default
background.

Yeah, this probably seems stupidly obvious, but it's 2am and I want to
be sure.

Thanks,

Matthew McGuire