Re: Removing openuniverse in favor of celestia (keep a virtual package?)

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Steve Greenland wrote:

> > or conflict & replace with it.
>
> Completely wrong, IMO. Celestia does not appear to be a continuation
> of openuniverse, but an alternative.

Well in a certain way celestia _is_ the continuation of openuniverse. The
top news item on www.openuniverse.org says:

Nov 14, 2001: Big news (kinda). I´m pretty sure most of you have noticed
OU hasn´t been updated for a long long time. We´ve decided not to waste
time and focus our effort in helping Chris Laurel out. He´s doing an
amazing job with Celestia and we´ll try to contribute as much as we can.
I´m not saying OU is dead but it´s very unlikely you´ll see any update
soon. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO DOWNLOAD CELESTIA!!!
*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch
         Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11