Re: Removing openuniverse in favor of celestia (keep a virtual package?)

On 27-Dec-02, 07:02 (CST), Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:54:30PM +0100, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > Just wondering what other DD think should be done in this case.
>
> I think just removing it is the best thing to do.  Then it will show
> up as "obsolete/local" in dselect, and they can upgrade when they choose
> to.

Right.

> It would help to make celestia mention openuniverse in its
> description,

Right.

> or conflict & replace with it.

Completely wrong, IMO. Celestia does not appear to be a continuation
of openuniverse, but an alternative. If you make the celestia package
C&R with openuniverse, then the user can't install celestia to try it
out without removing their installation of openuniverse, which is then
uninstallable because it's no longer in Debian. And there doesn't seem
to be any other reason that celestia can't coexist with openuniverse.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net