Re: More spam than developer mail

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 06:04:56PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.51.0212261715530.2333@home.unex.es>,
> Santiago Vila  <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> >Another different issue is the proportion of spam vs legitimate email
> >which is distributed by the list. I can give you my figures for this
> >month: I've received 161 spam messages and around 1392 legitimate messages,
> >which means 10% of all messages from this list are spam, approximately.
> >
> >Bdale, listmasters, this is the umpteenth time I ask you about this:
> >Are you going to do something about it or not?
>
> If anyone has a 100% solution to block spam I'd sure like to know
> what it is since I could get rich with it ;)
>
> That being said a few spamassassin rules to block non-latin
> charactersets (check Concent-Type, Subject and From) would help
> a lot.. this is an english-language list after all.

I've offered my assistance at least once. I'm the maintainer of
spamassassin and I'd be happy to help tweak spamassassin filters for
lists.d.o but I'd need access to murphy, the list server.

Given a hand sorted pile of spam and non-spam, custom generated scores
can be made for the lists which should greatly improve the situation.
But to do that, I'd need the raw mail as it is recieved by murphy.

Listmasters... let me know if you want my help.

--
Duncan Findlay