Re: Weird dependency in yardradius: what's up?

This one time, at band camp, Francesco Paolo Lovergine said:

> Hi guys
>
> I probably missed something, but:
>
> Package: yardradius
> Section: net
> Installed-Size: 784
> Maintainer: Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
> Architecture: i386
> Version: 1.0.20-5
> Replaces: radius-server
> Provides: radius-server
> Depends: debconf (>= 1.2.9), libpam0g, libpam-runtime, libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1),
> libgdbmg1, libssl0.9.6
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^ Uh? What are you doing here, darling?
>
> Moreover in buildd logs I find:
>

> Download complete and in download only mode
> ** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.1.16), libgdbmg1-dev, libpam0g-dev
> **** Warning:
> **** The following central src deps are (probably) missing:
>   libssl-dev
>   ^^^^^^^^^^  Uh? What? Where? Who?
>

> Well, I wrote that piece of software, I KNOW that I do not use ssl code.
> Moreover, openssl have known licensing issues for non GPL-licensed code,
> like yardradius, and this give me some problem.
>
> Any hints? Am I missing some hidden dependencies? Is this a known
> issue for ${shlibs:Depends}?

Very odd - I just checked it with a pbuilder run, and I get no
references to ssl.  From the version built locally:

Depends: debconf,libpam0g,libpam-runtime,libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1), libgdbmg1

Perhaps a strange problem with the buildds?  pbuilder does it right, and
none of your Depends: seem to interact with ssl.  ldd reports nothing to
do with ssl, either.  Perhaps file a bug?

|  Stephen Gran                  | No line available at 300 baud.          |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |