Re: RSBAC support in Debian

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:05, Sebastian Andersson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:46:06PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I have not received any email response to this message and I conclude
> > that there is no significant interest in using RSBAC in Debian at the
> > moment.
>
> Peter Busser has started a project called "Truested Debian" at:
> http://www.trusteddebian.org/

I don't think that's the right way to do it.  If you require changes to every
package (and probably a modified package manager as well) then there will be
a huge amount of work involved in building all the packages and keeping up
with patches.

I am only modifying less than a dozen packages for my SE Linux work and I find
it difficult enough to keep up with that work.

> > Could we get the web page that started this discussion changed to refer
> > to SE Linux instead?  SE Linux in Debian is getting some use and is under
> > very active development.
>
> Perhaps both should be mentioned?

Is RSBAC usable yet?  There are quite a number of SE Debian machines running
live on the net right now, while for RSBAC we don't even have a kernel patch
in sarge because no-one has felt inclined to try my RSBAC kernel-patch
package and let me know if it's good enough to upload.