Re: More spam than developer mail

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Don't bother to propose technical solutions to the spam problem.

We actually have a spam problem? 1-2 pieces of spam/day out of the
50-60 messages that go to -devel isn't bad. (Perhaps a listmaster
might want to interject approximately how much spam is rejected by the
filters?)

> [ The reason I think this is the main problem is that they have not
> even installed razor v2 in lists.debian.org ].

Spamassassin 2.43, which is running on -devel (and most of the other
lists, afiak) checks with razor2 by default.

Anyway, in case you've forgotten, the addition of spamassassin has
noticeably reduced the amount of spam going to these lists to a
trickle.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu