Re: More spam than developer mail

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 08:25:25AM -0500, Don Armstrong wrote:

> Anyway, in case you've forgotten, the addition of spamassassin has
> noticeably reduced the amount of spam going to these lists to a
> trickle.

Indeed. Perhaps a little tweaking of spamassassin's scores is justs
what's needed to stop the recent flood of spam in non-western charsets.
It currently doesn't discriminate against charsets, but as this is an
English speaking list, why not give

a much higher spamassassin score? Of course it'd be better if
spamassassin knew actual Chinese spam phrases, but considering the
list's language, this doesn't seem inappropriately discriminating.

I don't know if GB2312 is a superset of ASCII, so that Chinese people
with their MUA set to that charset could still communicate to the list
in English though; in that case it'd be a bad idea. Anyone?

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info