Re: More spam than developer mail

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Don't bother to propose technical solutions to the spam problem.
>
> We actually have a spam problem?

Yes.

> 1-2 pieces of spam/day out of the
> 50-60 messages that go to -devel isn't bad.

Considering that we could do much better than we are currently doing,
yes, it's quite bad.

> (Perhaps a listmaster
> might want to interject approximately how much spam is rejected by the
> filters?)
>
> > [ The reason I think this is the main problem is that they have not
> > even installed razor v2 in lists.debian.org ].
>
> Spamassassin 2.43, which is running on -devel (and most of the other
> lists, afiak) checks with razor2 by default.

Spamassassin needs razor2 to check with razor2. If you don't install razor2,
it will not check with razor2. It's that simple.

In the last 7 days, I've received 86 spam messages from debian lists
that were *already* in razor v2 database. This is unacceptable.