Re: RSBAC support in Debian

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:29, Christoph Martin wrote:
> In http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-nexttime.html it says that work on
> RSBAC support in Debian is in progress. I have not seen any discussion
> of it on the list. However there is an RFP:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=157916
>
> Is anybody working on this?

I have built some kernel packages for RSBAC and put them online on
http://www.coker.com.au/rsbac/ .

Please check them out, if people think that they are OK then I'll upload them.

I don't want to maintain these packages long-term as I have no plans to use
RSBAC.  After getting through the configuration phase I decided that I don't
like it as much as SE Linux, grsec, and OpenWall.

The packages on my site work well enough to produce a kernel package with
make-kpkg.  I have not tried booting from such a package as I don't have the
user-space tools (or the time to spare).

Even though I don't plan to use RSBAC myself I think it's a worthy thing to
have in Debian, so I'm happy to maintain the kernel packages for a while
(sans proper testing) to help kick-start the Debian/RSBAC project.

Russell Coker