Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 08:12:57AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell writes:
> > The copyright is on the *file* and not on "the data",...
>
> Did I say it was?
>
> > ...and certainly not on the *information* which the file contains.
>
> An instantiation of that information could be considered a derivative of
> the copyrighted work.  My second paragraph explains one reason why it might
> not be.

A couple of URLs of interest:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/intl/unicharutil/tools/

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/Tools/unicode/makeunicodedata.py?rev=1.17&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Both show that these projects (at least) are mechanically deriving
their internal unicode tables from UnicodeData.txt.

Jim Penny