Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

starner writes:
> If you run most algorithms specified by Unicode, like normalization,
> capitalization or the bidirectional algorithm, you do it with the use of
> the data from UnicodeData.txt, whether you copied it from there or copied
> it from the Unicode book.

That's what I thought.  Therefor any program that implements any of those
algorithms is dependent on the data in UnicodeData.txt.

However, if that data can only be usefully expressed in precisely that way
(that is, reverse-engineering those algorithms would regenerate the file)
then the copyright on the file is probably unenforceable.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)