Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

Just for your statistics: I finally come back to beloved and wonderful
Debian after having fought for a few weeks with a Gentoo-Desktop system.
My conclusion was - or is - that even if Gentoo has newer packages
sometimes and is using more modern techniques in some areas (the new
dependancy-based runlevel/init-system for example); the stability and
wellformedness of Debian (It just never breaks ;) ) is more important
than the bleeding-edge version of some packages.

That were my 2 cents ;)

Regards,

Mikael

--