Debian Desktop? Desktop Debian?

   Hrm... topics like this just seem to keep turning up.  Folks, not to
be nasty or anything, but Debian's not going to change anytime soon.
It's this stability of both software and policy that make Debian what it
is.  If it does not fit your needs, feel free to try something else.
   Or don't.  Debian is built with hybrids in mind.  If you want to
create your own version of Debian which, while x86 specific, is up to
date, do it.  Call it "Desktop Debian" for all I care.  Add a feature
that builds all the currently installed packages from source with
optimizations for those who want it.  Have a ball.  It might take a bit
of effort to do, but it's better than having people bickering all the
time about how "more people like Gentoo" or "I want my XFree package cuz
otherwise my brand spankin' new Radeon won't work."
   So, in conclusion, stop whining and start working.

	Brandt Dusthimer

--
Both digital signatures and encryption are available upon request
Initial contact will always bear a digital signature