Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 02:19:14PM -0800, Jon Kent wrote:

> > Never ask a Gentoo user that question.  The answer
> > is always one of the
> > following:
> >
> > 1) "I don't care"
> > 2) "What's S/390?"
>
> I really don't care ;-), when I am or 99.999% of
> Debian users ever gonna get near a S/390, high end Sun
> kit sure, but S/390 pls.

Ok, answer that question then.  Does gentoo support optimisations for
Sun hardware (say, oh, I dunno ... a Sun Ultra 30? ;)  Does gentoo
even run on Sun?

I posted last week on why it's cool[1] that debian runs on multiple
arches; I'm sure it's in the archive.

[1] useful, even

  A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
          -- Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.