On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 02:12:16AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:34:44AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:09:59PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > > But I do not use contrib or non-free. Nobody had ask for non-free
> > > and contrib if I burn CD's for some one...
> >
> > An important data point, I'd think...
>
> Yes, someone write that down.  Michelle in Strabourg doesn't need non-free.
>
> Anecdotal evidence is so much more compelling when it supports your cause,
> eh?

I'd argue that we don't need any anecdotal evidence at all, whether in
support of or in opposition to the premise that Debian must distribute
non-free software for the benefit of our users.

But some opponents of the proposed GR insist that Debian not cease
distributing non-free software without the consent of our users, in
which case we are dependent on anecdotes, since we have no user
registry.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |          Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |          mark with chalk,