Re: Ye Olde optimization/mirror disk space debate

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 11:45:24AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Once again, we tell mirrors that they can mirror only i386, and that
> would be fine.  We already have mirrors that mirror some arches and
> not others, right?

Currently we have a good, solid mirror infrastructure.  I can expect
to find one or more full, up-to-date mirrors in my country or a
neighbouring country, and I don't even have to look them up --
I just try ftp.*.debian.org, possibly ftp1.*.debian.org, where
the * is a country code.

You propose to fragment that and make users play hunt-the-right-mirror
every time they configure apt.  For what benefit?

Richard Braakman