Re: web browser bookmark defaults

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:19:00PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:

> i will lose no sleep if the bookmarks are not in there (_i_ don't use red
> hat nor slackware), but to heavy handedly say ``No Debian users would
> benefit'' is a bit over the top.

> we are not talking about _adding_ bookmarks, we are talking about
> _removing_, for a non-technical reason, which is a form of censorship.
> i'm against _that_ idea, especially since leaving them in _causes us no
> damage_ (IMHO of course).

I think there are some people working on a certain Debian Desktop
project who would disagree with you on this one.

While it may not be true that "no Debian users would benefit", I would
assert that for the vast majority of Debian users, such bookmarks are
nothing more than clutter.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer