web browser bookmark defaults

reopen 103357
retitle 103357 Customise default bookmarks.
thanks

Hi,
  I've reopened this as I think it's a good idea. Any changes we make
will first be done to galeon2 (currently in galeon-snapshot package), as
galeon1 is likely to be replaced in the next few months.

I think we need to work with the other main web browsers to have
something consistent, such that new users can find out about these
useful sites without rtfm, hence I've cc'd mozilla, konqueror, links,
lynx, skipstone maintainers. There are probably other browsers which
I've missed, so please inform them of this thread.

I'm cc'ing debian-devel for
1) suggestions for other bookmarks to be added
2) [Desktop] - do you want further customizations, e.g. a graphical home
page containing these bookmarks.
(for galeon, I was intending to simply add the bookmarks and leave the
homepage as myportal:. This may not be possible in other browsers)

Suggested defaults:
debian.org
debianplanet.org
www.debian.org/MailingLists/
http://www.spi-inc.org/
/usr/share/doc
debianhelp.org
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/

smartbookmarklets (for non-galeon ppl, these are bookmarks which accept
input, e.g. so that you can have google search on your toolbar)
debian packages
debian bugs
google

Other sites (these are currently supplied by galeon upstream). Please
give suggestions on how to avoid flameage.
google groups
google images
google news
dictionary.com
yahoo
dogpile
fm][
sourceforge
gnu.org
/.

I also vote for removing any other upstream bookmarks (e.g. rpm search,
slackware searches). Feel free to disagree, with a convincing argument.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :