Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:56:53PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	This is precisely the kind of sarcastic, contentless rejoinder
>  that makes one inclined to dismiss posts from you as
>  irrelevant.

The responsibility for prejudice lies with the person who practices it.

>  Mistating the opposition viewpoint in a fashion, reducing it to
>  riducule, is not conducive to any kind of discussion, far less a
>  healthy one.

But it is conducive to humor and a reduction in tension[1], and I don't
attempt to pass my jokes off as serious statements in any event.

[1] at least among those who share the sentiment; I don't claim to be
funny to people who hate my guts

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.