Eduard Bloch wrote:

> As said, most users do not. Our priorities are our users.

and Free Software.

> There is always a bit of violating the social contract when you doom
> the non-free software without providing a free alternative.

^free^easy

i think it is a bit absurd to say that we can freely distribute non-free
software. if we could freely distribute it, it would be in main (or
contrib)

mind you, we do add extra qualifications to freely distributal other
than just lack-of-payment. that is part of the Social Contract that all
DD's have agreed to, and i find nothing objectional about that.

odd point: when i joined, i specifically agreed to the Social Contract
in its current form. before there was a Social Contract, did all
then-current DD's specifically agree to it, or were they grand-fathered
claused in? in other words, are there any DD's that have not explicitly
agreed to the Social Contract in its current form?

-john