On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:55:40PM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 10:36:28AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > 	End users are rarely on my radar. Collaborative users, who
> >  help improve my software, and my system, and make things better all
> >  around, by finding bugs, making suggestions, providing patches --
> >  them I'll nurture, again, from purely selfish, niggardly, ulterior
> >  motives.
>
> Perhaps, but are you really always so sure of your motives? You'd be an
> exception with such unfaltering introspective abilities.

It is impolite, to say nothing of rhetorically imprudent, to challenge
Manoj's conceptions of himself.

To be a little less oblique about it, is it highly presumptive to tell
someone that you know their motivations better than they do.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Ignorantia judicis est calamitas