Michael Cardenas <mbc@debian.org> writes:

> This argument for the GR is totally baffling to me.

Here's what I think is the best argument.

The Debian distribution is supposed to be free software.  Many, many,
many people think that it currently includes non-free software.  We
should fix that problem.

When I started this whole thread by correcting someone who referred to
a non-free package as part of Debian, I was told that I was being
pedantic.  If the current compromise is merely pedantic, then it
something has seriously broken down.