Flame against non-free burning, time to think.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:07:53PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:41:02AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I am afraid if current momentum of FREE software bigot pushes their
> > agenda, they may go further down to GR.  (It is sad for me to see some
> > of the respected DD of mine are on that camp.)
> >
> > I believe "Free and GNU are good, bigot of any kind is bad."
>
> Accusing people of bigotry is not a very good way to promote a calm and
> rational discussion.
>
> For the most part, the discussion has been quite civilized.  Please
> don't detract from that.

Hmm, maybe my choice of the word might have had too strong social
implication but that was not my intent.  Labeling with strong words
destructs thoughts.  I retract that part but rest is my thoughts still
stands.  After reading John's comments to my post, he is quite calm but
different from what I think. (retitled)

Please consider this expression came more from the feeling of recipients
who feel threaten but not intended to the personal accusation to the
proponent of GR.  At least, tone of initial postings made me felt so.

non-free is nice way to absorb differences in opinion how tolerant we
should be towards non-free software.  Closing space on weak license
materials.  Enforcing one sided view on them, looks to me very strong
handed approach to reduce non-free.  "They should die because they are
not needed" is the right approach.  Time shall solve the problem.

Osamu
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract